Jim Brockhoff spent nearly 50 years as head coach of the tennis programs at Xavier. During that time he saw—and made—a lot of history. He offers this quiz to test your Xavier sports knowledge.
- Name the most famous basketball team Xavier played in the 1940s and 1950s; name its coach and his two nicknames; name the team’s nickname.
- Name the basketball coach known as “The Father of the Fast Break” and his team, which Xavier played regularly during the 1940s and early 1950s.
- Name the football player who played halfback for another Jesuit school in the late 1940s and early 1950s and later went on to win the Super Bowl as a coach and be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Name the former Xavier football star who went on to the NFL and finished second to Jim Brown for Rookie of the Year honors.
- Name the member of the Baseball Hall of Fame (and his school) who played against Xavier, and the member of the Baseball Hall of Fame who helped coach Xavier before having to leave for spring training.