The weekend was shortened to just three days and is now in the fall, at a time when students are on campus, in an effort to give alumni the chance to mingle with today’s students and get the feeling of being back at Xavier. Plus, more free time is in the offering to allow alumni to remember, recall and relive some of their glory days at Xavier. There will still be plenty of events to keep people entertained, though, including some that are unique to this year’s weekend.
- Exclusive tour of the new Hoff Academic Quad: Attendees will be among the first to get a hardhat tour of the new Hoff Academic Quad and see how the Quad will transform the educational experience, providing students with an enriched learning environment unlike any other facility before.
- 40 years of women at Xavier celebration: This year marks an important anniversary for our women students and alumnae. It’s the 40th anniversary of the first year when women were accepted as fulltime students at Xavier University. The Women of Excellence council plans to celebrate the anniversary with a special reception during Reunion Weekend.
This year’s Reunion Weekend is also more family friendly than ever. Students from the College of Social Sciences, Health, and Education are offering free babysitting for the weekend. Plus, additional fun activities are planned for the kids, including a Madcap puppet performance.
REGISTER and check out the list of people from your class year who are attending at www.xavier.edu/reunionweekend.
REUNITE with old friends from Xavier classes of 1954, 1959, 1964, 1969, 1974, 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994, 1999 and 2004, and Edgecliff classes of 1939, 1944, 1949, 1954, 1959, 1964, 1969, 1974 and 1979.
TWO WAYS TO REGISTER:
1. Go online to www.xavier.edu/reunionweekend.
2. Call 800-344-4698, option 5, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES:
• Alumni art exhibit with wine and cheese reception
• Former and current faculty/alumni reception
• Campus tours and open houses
• Class cocktail party
• Basketball exhibition
• Edgecliff Mass and luncheon
• Volleyball game vs. Fordham
• Educational presentations
• Music performances