The Name Game
Two years ago, when William Grote III made a pledge toward the construction cost of the clock tower lounge in the new Gallagher Student Center, he earned the right to name it. Rather than naming it after himself, as many donors do, he chose to honor his mother. In September, the name Mary Louise Dolle Grote was permanently etched into the lounge’s front glass panel.
While many of the University’s new properties have been named after donors, many other naming opportunities remain:
• The theater and a variety of rooms inside the Gallagher Center.
• The Commons Mall outside the Gallagher Center.
• The Commons apartment building, which includes a unit for University President Michael J. Graham, S.J.
• The Athletic Hall of Fame, which will move forward when $250,000 to $500,000 is raised.
• The new alumni center, which will be created in the F&W Building.
Naming rights to scholarships, department chairmanships and professorships are also available